After staying out particularly late this past Saturday, I collapsed into bed in the early morning hours and decided to sleep through Sunday. After Daylight Savings Time stole an hour of my rest, I was jolted awake by screams outside my apartment on Sunset Boulevard. I rushed to my window, threw open the blinds in a panic and saw…dozens of runners racing down the street as bystanders cheered on. That’s right – yesterday was the famed Los Angeles Marathon.
As I watched the marathon runners, who were much more fit and motivated than me, I promised myself I would get my butt in gear and return to running, and as any avid music-lover will tell you, no one can work out without the right soundtrack. Although I didn’t run yesterday, I did come up with a killer playlist to run to and am happy to share it with you. Now get moving!
Running Soundtrack Tracklist:
01. “Best Day Of My Life” – American Authors
02. “Roar” – Katy Perry
03. “Burn” – Ellie Goulding
04. “Sleeping With A Friend” – Neon Trees
05. “Happy” – Pharrell Williams
06. “Timber” – Pitbull ft. Kei$ha
07. “The Monster” – Eminem ft. Rihanna
08. “White Walls” – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring ScHoolboy Q & Hollis
09. “Red Lights (Fred Falke Remix)” – Tiesto
10. “My Body” – Young The Giant