Need some suggestions for where to rock out this month? LA’s got you more than covered with twenty shows topping the list this April.
1. 6th Annual Revolver Magazine Golden Gods Awards feat. Guns N’ Roses, KORN, Joan Jett, The Pretty Reckless, A Day To Remember, Zakk Wylde, and more – April 23rd at Club Nokia – Tickets
If you are a rock and metal fan, this is the single best night of the year for the genre. Make your voyage to rock ‘n roll Mecca at least once if you can. If you aren’t lucky enough to gain access inside the show, get to LA Live early to catch a glimpse of all your favorite rockers on the Black Carpet — bring your photos for autographs!
2. +++ (Crosses) – April 16th at The Roxy - Tickets (SOLD OUT)
The musical side project of Deftones vocalist Chino Moreno, Far guitarist Shaun Lopez, and Chuck Doom is one of the hottest tickets across the country. Add in the fact that they are from Los Angeles, you can forget about tickets…this show is SOLD OUT.
3. Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary Party in the Parking Lot feat. Great White, Bullet Boys, Tracii Guns, Philm, Bitch, Eyes Set To Kill, and Heretic – FREE Admission
Screw Coachella. Get drunk and half-way pay attention to mostly old and a few emerging bands for FREE at the 42nd Anniversary Party for the world famous Sunset haunt, The Rainbow. Prep your liver now…
4. Vans Warped Tour Kick-Off Party feat. Issues, Bad Rabbits, ONE OK RoK, and more – April 1st at Club Nokia – Tickets
Warped Tour is an institution, which means anything associated with one of the longest running tours in the industry is worth the price of admission.
5. Combichrist – April 27th at The Avalon – Tickets
The “see and be seen” show of the month for the hard rock and industrial scene.
6. Lacuna Coil with Eve to Adam and Nothing More – April 1st at The Roxy – Tickets
Show up early for Nothing More. The Texas-based alternative rock band has been making waves after a feature at SXSW and opening slot runs with a few name bands across the country, but anyone with an ounce of taste in the rock world knows that this is the hottest emerging band in the genre.
7. Metal Alliance Tour with Behemoth, GOATWHORE, 1349, Inquisition, and more – April 5th at House of Blues (West Hollywood) – Tickets
The best heavy metal show of the month.
8. William Control with New Years Day – April 26th at Bar Sinister - Tickets
Bar Sinister is the place to be for this scene every Saturday night, but expect this to be the BEST Saturday of the month for the Hollywood hot spot.
9. Motorhead – April 11th at Club Nokia – Tickets
I can’t leave a Los Angeles Motorhead show off the list. Expect the crowd at Club Nokia to be just as entertaining as the band.
10. Sevendust (Acoustic) – April 11th at House of Blues (West Hollywood) – Tickets
If you have never seen an acoustic set by a major rock band, give your ears the break and cross it off your bucket list April 11th. There is no better way to reconnect with some of your favorite rock bands than an acoustic set, and Sevendust is one of the best stripped-down bands on the circuit.
Kill Devil Hill with All Hail the Yeti – April 5th at The Viper Room – Tickets
Featuring Pantera and former Down bassist Rex Brown; ex-Pissing Razors frontman Dewey Bragg; acclaimed guitarist Mark Zavon; and now Type O Negative, Danzig, and A Pale Horse Named Death drummer Johnny Kelly, Kill Devil Hill promises to pack the Viper Room to uncomfortable capacity…
Monte Pittman – April 5th at The Whisky A Go Go – Tickets
One of music’s most celebrated guitarists (Madonna/Prong), Monte Pittman is a Los Angeles favorite. A Monte Pittman show is one of the best excuses to throw back cocktails and listen to world-class rock music on Sunset.
Queensryche feat. Geoff Tate – April 3rd at House of Blues (West Hollywood) – Tickets
Saliva – April 16th at The Whisky A Go Go – Tickets
The Dreaming – April 18th at The Whisky A Go Go – Tickets
Unwritten Law – April 25th at The Whisky A Go Go – Tickets
Powerman 5000 with 9Electric – April 11th at The Tiki Bar (Costa Mesa) - Tickets
Society 1 – April 13th at The Viper Room – Tickets
Steel Panther “Having a Threesome” – April 7th, 14th, and 21st at House of Blues (West Hollywood) – Tickets
Steel Panther is back! Always one of the best parties in LA…
Supernaked with Jay Davis – Fridays at the Jon Lovitz Comedy Club - Tickets
Hosted by comedian Jay Davis (known for his run on Dane Cook’s Tourgasm) and LA’s best kept secret, Supernaked, every Friday night at the Jon Lovitz Comedy Club in Universal City, this is one of the best and by far most unique residencies in Los Angeles. Expect some of the biggest names in music and comedy, such as Daniel Tosh and members of No Doubt, to pop up on any given Friday.
Not necessarily a “rock” show, but a weekly hang for some of the biggest names in rock, pop music, and comedy makes for a pretty rock ‘n roll outing. Sit up front and drink a lot…
Anvil – April 19th at The Whisky A Go Go - Tickets