Well, this year’s GRAMMYs have come to an end but not without much fanfare and great performances. The GRAMMYs are technically an awards show, true, but these days, let’s be honest: they’re basically a big ol’ concert.
There are so many musical performances in the telecast that it’s nearly impossible to pack all the names into a 30-second spot announcement for the show. As the number increases, each individual performance loses its charm and impact. This year, though, one particular performance stood out, and no, not just because Madonna raided Snoop Dogg’s closet.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ “Same Love” made a mark this year for more than just the music. The duo has turned heads and opened eyes because of the social implications of their music and the cultural shift for which they have become the de facto pop culture ambassadors. Their performance at this year’s GRAMMYs personified this message. Take a look at their memorable performance last night along with the greatest GRAMMY performances of all time.
The Best GRAMMY Performances Tracklist:
1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – “Same Love” (2014)
2. Michael Jackson – “Man in the Mirror” (1988)
3. Eric Clapton – “Tears in Heaven” (1993)
4. Lauryn Hill ft, Carlos Santana- “To Zion” (1999)
5. Whitney Houston – “I will Always Love You” (1994)
6. Adele – “Rolling in the Deep” (2012)
7. Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, D. Grohl, L. Steven – “London Calling” (2003)
8. Tina Turner & Beyonce – “Proud Mary” (2008)
9. Paul Simon – “Diamonds n the Soles of Her Shoes” (1987)
10. Christina Aguilera, Mya, Lil Kim, Pink – “Lady Marmalade” (2002)